iRepairshop bvba (hereinafter "iRepairshop", "we" or "us") uses certain personal information of its customers and/or users to offer its services. We strive to handle this data in a proper, secure and ethical manner and to provide customers and users with as much insight and control over their personal information as possible.
Below, we would like to provide you with more information about iRepairshop's use of certain of your personal information, how and for what purposes we use it. We also make you aware of your rights and the control you have over data collection.
1. Quick overview: iRepairshop and your data
2. What information do we process and how do we get it?
3. Why do we process your personal information and on what basis?
4. With whom do we share your information and why?
5. What are your rights and how do you exercise them?
6. How do we handle your information securely?
1) Quick overview: iRepairshop and your data
iRepairshop is a professional service provider specializing in the online and offline sale and repair of refurbished Apple© products, such as iPhones, iPads, Macbooks and smartwatches. iRepairshop is located at Veldeken 3, 9240 Zele, Belgium and operates under the company number 0671.784.584. iRepairshop can be contacted at any time at the email address email@example.com, or specifically regarding privacy and data processing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to provide our online services optimally and to constantly improve them for our customers, we need some of your data. (For more information see 2. What information do we process and how do we get it?) For example, iRepairshop, as the data controller, uses your data to deliver orders to you at the correct address and to ensure correct payment. Your personal data also allows us to communicate with you individually and improve our website based on your usage. If you are already a customer or have consented to this, we would also like to keep you informed about certain promotions and novelties by including your name and email address in our mailing list. (For more information see 3. Why do we process your personal information and on what basis?).
iRepairshop cooperates with affiliates, sales and repair partners to enable fast and optimal service for as many customers as possible. In order to get your order to you on time, we also rely on external logistics partners, such as BPost. We therefore have to share certain necessary personal data with these partners in order to process your order or to enable further follow-up. (For more information see 4. With whom do we share your information and why?).
We strive not only to give our customers and users the best possible understanding of our processing of their personal data, but also to give them as much control over this processing as possible. Consequently, you have a number of essential rights that you can easily exercise. Among other things, you have a right to information, to access, to correct, to transfer, to object, to lodge a complaint and in certain cases even to be forgotten. (For more information see 5. What are your rights and how do you exercise them?).
Finally, iRepairshop ensures that your data is processed and stored securely so that it can only be accessed by a limited number of relevant persons and used only for the necessary purposes. (For more information see 6. How we handle your information securely).
2) What information do we process and how do we get it?
iRepairshop collects, accesses, and uses personal data of (potential) customers, Internet users on its website, persons who contact us, partners, and suppliers.
In particular, iRepairshop collects and processes the following data:
- Information that you have provided to us personally by, for example, contacting us or creating an account for the provision of our services. This includes: your name, address, email address, phone number, bank account and payment card details and all communications, responses and complaints that you provide to us, such as via email, online form, letter, phone or social media.
- Information about the services we provided to you, such as, for example, the products you purchased, the place and time of your orders, your order history and the frequency of your activity on the website.
- Your user account login information, such as your username and password.
- Information about your consents and whether or not you may receive marketing-related information from us.
- Analytical information about your use of our website, such as your ip address, the frequency of access to your user account, the products and pages you access, the device and browser or application with which you access our website, and the times when you do so.
- Your contact information and information about emails or other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether you have actively responded to those communications and clicked on certain links.
- Information from other sources such as from financial institutions about the execution of payments, from affiliates and partners about the sale of products and provision of services, information from social media providers, such as facebook, about your activity on our page or response to our advertisements, and information from you that is otherwise relevant and freely publicly available.
iRepairshop processes this data solely for internal use and for the purposes listed below. These personal data will under no circumstances be passed on to third parties, unless this is necessary for the completion of the order or provision of the service for which you have given the order, or when explicitly stated otherwise in a particular communication or action. Moreover, these personal data will not be kept longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes for which they were obtained.
3) Why do we process your personal information, on what basis and for how long?
a. For processing, handling and following up your orders.
When you place an order on our website or buy our products in one of our branches, iRepairshop needs some essential data to execute an agreement with you and to process, handle and follow up the order and sale. Also to keep you informed about your order, to exercise your right of withdrawal and warranty rights and to comply with our tax obligations, we must necessarily process this data.
The data we process for this purpose are the following: your name, billing address, delivery address, email address and payment data. Regarding payment data, iRepairshop itself only processes the payment date and the reference to the payment within Europabank. Europabank in turn processes the necessary payment data to make the payment.
The lawfulness of the processing of this data for this purpose is based on the fact that this processing activity is necessary for the execution of a contract to which you are a party, or to take measures at your request before the conclusion of a contract, as well as to comply with certain legal obligations.
Moreover, iRepairshop is obliged to keep this data for at least 7 years. Afterwards, when your personal data in connection with your orders are no longer relevant for further follow-up, guarantees, or legal claims we delete your data.
b. To manage your account
When you wish to place an order online, you must create a personal account on our website. This account serves to provide you with a secure and personalized overview of your orders and easy further follow-up. An account is linked to your email address, with which you log in.
To manage your account we process the following data: your name, email address, account password, billing and delivery address, payment information, order history and language settings for communication and website display.
Through the accounts created, we have an accurate overview of our customers and the sale of items through our website.
The lawfulness of the processing of this data for this purpose is based on the fact that this processing activity is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or to take measures at your request prior to the conclusion of a contract.
iRepairshop stores this data for as long as you are an active customer with us. Your account and associated data that no longer needs to be retained by iRepairshop based on another legitimate reason, such as legal tax obligations, will be automatically deleted if you have not logged into your account for seven (7) years. You may also have your account and associated data whose processing is no longer necessary deleted at any time by sending a deletion request to email@example.com.
c. For your contact with iRepairshop and scheduling of appointments.
You can always contact us by phone or email, or by sending us a message via social media, such as Facebook. iRepairshop stores your contact data in order to be able to follow up on your questions, comments or complaints and follow them up correctly. This data also helps us to serve you faster in your next contact.
The lawfulness of the processing of this data for this purpose is based on the fact that this processing activity is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or to take measures at your request prior to the conclusion of a contract, or for the protection of our legitimate interests in order to enable efficient contact with our customers.
Your communication and contact data, such as your name, email address, phone number and the content of your communication, we will in principle store for as long as you are an active customer with us. However, social media messages are automatically deleted after a period of two (2) years or when you choose to delete them yourself.
d. For sending our newsletter and promotions
iRepairshop regularly sends a newsletter or marketing communication to customers to, among other things, keep them informed about promotions and new products. If you have created an account on our website and placed orders we will keep you further informed by email about news, actions and information related to similar products or services.
You can always object to the use of your electronic contact information for these purposes easily and free of charge by unsubscribing from our contact list using the link at the bottom of the email message or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The lawfulness of processing this data for this purpose is based on our right to use customers' electronic contact data for direct marketing in connection with similar products or services, or on your express consents if you are not a customer or the communication has different content.
e. For social media activities
iRepairshop is active on social media, namely Facebook, to assist its customers as efficiently and optimally as possible with questions, comments and complaints. Through our Facebook page you can contact us directly and we keep users informed about news and promotions.
f. For the operation and optimization of the website
We use first party and third party cookies on our website to ensure that our website works properly and to provide you with an optimal browsing experience. We also track when and how users visit our website and collect data to improve our website and optimize services.
These cookies track, among other things, the following user information and preferences: your IP address, information about your Internet browser, chosen language, login and password, products placed in the shopping cart, scheduled appointments, pages visited and products viewed. iRepairshop does not link this analytical data based on IP address to individual users.
4) With whom do we share your information and why?
In order to provide our services and to process, deliver and follow up your orders, we necessarily use certain third parties to assist us.
In this regard, iRepairshop only shares your information that is absolutely necessary to fulfill the order or provide the service. In essence, we share your information with three different third parties:
1. Bpost: iRepairshop uses external logistics partners, such as Bpost, to deliver your order to you quickly and efficiently. As part of this service, we share your name and delivery address with Bpost so they can deliver your order to the correct address.
2. Sales and repair partners: iRepairshop uses external affiliates to provide our services as close as possible to our customers. iRepairshop shares your name, contact information (email address and/or phone number), billing and payment information with these external partners (or vice versa) in order to process and follow up on sales or repair services. Our external partners include: Hofman Buro (Kouterstraat 72, 9240 Zele), iPoint Merksem (Van Praetlei 123, 2170 Merksem), VDB-Repairs (Moriaanstraat 29, 9660 Brakel), Serge Vandemaesen (Maria Ter Heidelaan 17, 3120 Tremelo) and Pieter Smeyers (Vismarkt 25/2, 3980 Tessenderlo).
3. External service providers: iRepairshop relies on a number of external service providers to accommodate or support certain aspects of business operations. When external service providers call upon customers' personal data to carry out their assignment, the transfer and processing of this personal data is limited to what is strictly necessary and clear agreements are made regarding the processing assignment.
For example, we share the personal data associated with your orders with our accountant in order to comply with our tax obligations. Furthermore, we communicate certain information, such as your order history, in a pseudonymized manner to external service providers who support our advertising and marketing campaigns (such as a marketing agency, Google and Facebook).
4. Public authorities: In the context of our legal tax obligations, iRepairshop must pass on certain of your personal data to certain public authorities, such as the FPS Finances and the Flemish Tax Office. It may also happen that we are obliged to pass on certain data to government agencies, such as police, justice or investigation cells, in the context of fraud, abuse or overspending, such as in relation to money laundering prevention.
5) What are your rights and how do you exercise them?
a. Your right to information
b. Your right of access
You have the right to request access to your personal data held by us at any time. Such request can be simply directed to email@example.com. We undertake to process such requests as soon as possible.
c. Your right to rectification
You have the right to have the personal data in our possession corrected if it is incorrect or outdated and/or to have it completed if it is incomplete. You can easily do this through "My Account" on the website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
d. Your right to erase your date (to be forgotten)
You have the right to request us to delete all of your data in our possession. We are obliged to comply with such request in the legally defined cases such as for example: when the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed, when the processing is based solely on your consent and you withdraw it or the data has been unlawfully processed by us.
You can easily have your account deleted by clicking on "delete account" at "Edit" under the "My account" section. Afterwards, we will delete your data that is no longer necessary for the performance of a contract, the fulfillment of a legal obligation or for an activity in our overriding legitimate interest. You can always direct a request for data deletion to email@example.com.
e. Your right to the restriction of data processing.
You have the right to request restriction of the processing of your data. This means that we may retain your data but not use it. You have this right in a number of legally defined cases such as when the accuracy of your data is contested, an unlawful processing by us or the fact that the processing of the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed. To make such request for restriction, you can always contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
f. Your right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your data if you disagree with the way we process your personal data. This right applies to personal data that we use for direct marketing purposes or whose processing is based solely on our legitimate interest. You can always object to the processing of your data by sending an email to email@example.com.
g. Your right to transferability of your data
You have the right to receive data you have given to us in the context of the agreements you have entered into with us, in a machine-readable format, so that you can keep or have this data kept by yourself. When sending a portability request, we will send you the following data that we lawfully process from you: your name, delivery and billing address, your billing and payment information, and your order history. You can always direct a request for portability of your data to firstname.lastname@example.org.
h. Your right to file a complaint
You have the right to file a complaint about the way we handle your data. If you have a complaint, please contact us in the first place. This is because we undertake to handle the personal data of our customers and users as correctly as possible and to resolve complaints as quickly as possible. You also have the right to address your complaint to the Belgian Data Protection Authority by filing an electronic complaint or sending a dated and signed letter to Rue du Printing Press 35, 1000 Brussels.
6) How do we handle your information securely?
iRepairshop takes reasonable, physical, technological and organizational precautions to prevent (i) unauthorized access to your personal data, as well as (ii) the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data. To this end, we store your personal data in a secure cloud with data centers within the European Union.
Access to your personal data is limited to a select number of employees who necessarily need this data to provide and optimize our services. The security of your account also depends on the secrecy of your password. Employees of iRepairshop will never ask you to share your password.